About the Awards
We have been inundated with requests for extensions for entries. As a result, we have decided to extend the deadline for all entrants for another two weeks! This will be the final deadline so please make sure that all submissions are in by midnight on September 13th.
These annual awards continue to recognise the best achievements of the UK's small and medium sized businesses and celebrate their contribution to the UK economy.
The awards consist of six categories and shine a spotlight on some of the country's most dynamic and hardworking businesses, whatever sector they may be in. One business will also be awarded the overall title of HP Smart Business of the Year 2013.
sponsored by Business in the Community
Honouring the small businesses that have made a significant, positive difference to the local economy or culture.
Winner: My Time
supported by HSBC
Honouring the small businesses that have achieved the most economic impact in the last 12 months.
Winner: Postcode Anywhere
supported by The Prince's Trust
Celebrating business owners aged 25 or under who have demonstrated significant drive to create a thriving business.
Winner: Industry Education in Music (IEM)
sponsored by DTP
Recognising the small businesses that have been most innovative in delivering their products or services.
Winner: Eyetease Media
sponsored by Enterprise Nation
Honouring the small businesses that have made a significant contribution in terms of skills creation.
Winner: London Jewellery School
sponsored by LinkedIn
Celebrating the small businesses that have demonstrated the best use of social media.
HP Smart Business of the Year 2013
This is awarded to the business, that in the judges' opinion, has made the most significant impact over the last 12 months and exemplifies what it means to be a smart business.
The judging panel
- Susan Bowen - HP Chief of Staff, UK and Ireland
- Rebecca Shears - Head of Marketing, (UK&I) Hewlett Packard
- Emma Jones - Founder, Enterprise Nation
- Laura Wyatt-Smith - National Senior Head of Programmes, Enterprise & Employment, The Prince's Trust
- Jane Pritchard - Enterprise Director, Business in the Community
- Will Koch - LinkedIn Category Head, Tech and Telco
- Patrick Drake - Co-founder, Hello Fresh (Last years HP Smart Business Award winner)
Past awards videos
Individual category prizes
- HP Smart Business Awards trophy.
- HP PC, HP ElitePad 900 or OfficeJet Pro X as chosen by the winner.
- Category winner logo and branding with full usage right.
- A responsible business checkup; a tool to help you strategically improve your business responsibility.
- Business mentoring session with a senior member of Addison Lee.
- A premium LinkedIn account.
HP Smart Business of the Year 2013 prizes
- The HP Smart Business of the Year 2013 trophy.
- A choice of HP products for use within your business.
- HP Smart Business of the Year winner logo and branding with full usage rights.
- Business mentoring from the HP Senior Management Team for a year.
Winners will be announced at a glittering awards ceremony to be held at the Serpentine Gallery in London on 15th October.